Monday, January 28, 2013

Project Hiroshi Hawakawa - 2nd post

 This week, I went through Darren and Daniel's works and picked ones I like to use for my palette.
Concept art by Darren Quach
Concept art by Darren Quach
Concept art by Darren Quach
concept art by Daniel Lopez Munoz

Many of Daniel's concept sketches have such limited range of colors and I wonder how this would turn out in my artwork.

As I picked my palettes, I thought that using real life reference could be also helpful to grasp the colors that make the vehicle more believable. I was already thinking about making a sports car type of vehicle so I picked my colors from Ferrari F1 racing car, which is a big icon.

Another real life reference


images:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/new-bmw-s1000rr-superbike-revealed/4446.html

http://www.newcarwallpaper.com/Ferrari-F60_9530.html

1 comment:

  1. Alex,
    Have you seen the movie Blade Runner? I think you might find it inspiring. I look forward to seeing your menagerie develop.

    ReplyDelete