Monday, February 11, 2013

Project Hiroshi Hawakwa-4th post

 Here are final designs for the project.
At the end, I ended up changing more colors to my pallets. I was looking at variety of art works by pixar, and inspired by their usage of colors. So, based on the pallet I've already selected I added few more colors to strengthen the contrast between the cool and warm light.
This is the final design of the cargo ship. This ship functions as a passenger ship as well.
A hover bike design inspired by Darren's concept arts. Darren designed a lot of hover craft vehicle and not only did I liked the design of it but I also liked the how colorful they are.









Throughout the project, I tried to use different painting styles. For most of time, I use glazing technique, which is doing a value structure first and then adding colors on top of it. But this tends to make the picture grayish over all. Also I got tired of catching up with little details while I do glazing, which I eventually have to go back and refine with colors again. So I decided to put colors right on top of the sketch for this painting. I am happy with it. Also it was a good test to try new brushes I made.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,
    Some recommendations:
    Italian Futurism (http://www.italianfuturism.org/)
    Tamara de Lempicka's "Self-Portrait in the Green Bugatti"
    Art Deco industrial design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lexie

    I will look them up.

    ReplyDelete