Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Book trailer project- 03

This week, there was a person needed to work on sword design, so I was chosen to work on this. Until I got the pictures of sword we were going to use I had no idea what to do, so I made some random sketches of swords researching. 






When I got a pictures for the swords, we received a bad news. Originally, we were going to use swords above, but the location we are shooting video had a strict policy and we are not allowed to bring model sword. Therefore, we had to make swords from scratch.





We had to make four swords in one day, so it had to be done very fast. This is the very quick planar figure of the swords. We decided to use thin wooden sticks and fabrics.


We bought numbers of wooden rulers from Lowes and cut them into simple sword shapes in wood shop. Then put them together with wood glue and wrapped fabrics around the hilt. For the blade, we wanted to put details, so I came up with an idea of using glue gun to make decorations.


I will post final image of the swords as soon as I get the pictures from the team.






No comments:

Post a Comment