Monday, April 1, 2013

Book trailer project- 05


Now, this is the last week to work on our book trailer project and everyone seems excited about this. While people are busy wrapping up and editing videos I had to make an illustration for the book cover.

At first, I was given a task to illustrate a tree that looks graphic and stylized. And this was what I came up with:  

But it turned out that there was no need for a tree in the cover design, so I eventually ended up wasting my time doing this.

I asked the director for a clarification of the look of book cover they were looking for. One of the art director wanted me to go for Alphonse Mucha's style, but considering the time we have, I knew I would not have time to make it look exactly like Mucha's illustration. So I decided add one or two Mucha's elements to  the illustration, such as the circular space in the middle, and Celtic patterns in the corners.


I burrowed some flower pattern from the net to see if this brings more Mucha's look but it only made everything look busy. And considering the fact that we are putting this illustration on a leather surface, I wasn't sure if the machine can handle such small details.

This is what I came up with at the end. The director said that this illustration would be put on a leather, and I am not very sure how this would turn out on such material. Hopefully it will look great. I will post the image of the final product when it is done.  






No comments:

Post a Comment